POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [Idea] User Documentation Project : [Idea] User Documentation Project Server Time
10 Aug 2024 13:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  [Idea] User Documentation Project
From: Twyst
Date: 23 Dec 1998 17:36:10
Message: <3681705a.0@news.povray.org>
I had a great idea recently...

Do a "User Documentation Project"!

I had the idea while noticing that the Pov-Ray docs, while complete, didn't
go into much detail in certain cases, and there are people that DO know
certain aspects very well. (John VanSickle comes to mind....).

It seems to me that much of the manual could do with expanding on topics
(Media is one example) and tutorials.

So, here's the complete idea:
1. With the pov-team's permission (please, can we?), rewrite the pov-ray
docs.
2. Make it available in a number of formats, from plain text to PDF format.
3. I would ALSO like to be able to publish a spiral bound volume, and sell
it at a minimal cost.
4. I intend for this to be a "group" project. It's a daunting task for a
single person.

Twyst
twysted mynd - for pov-ray news, reviews, and tutorials
http://twysted.net
e-mail: twy### [at] twystednet